A Good Night

>> Sunday, January 4, 2009

I never thought that walking quietly down a Folly Beach residential street would gain rank as one of my favorite moments ever...but it did. It does.
A while ago I asked for prayer for friends who had discovered that they are expecting a sweet baby in April. I'm happy to share with you now that those friends are my brother, Kreg, and his wife, Angela! Their lives were pretty much flipped upside down when they found out that they would be biological parents, after having been told numerous times that they would not. Imagine their (and our) surprise when in October, they took into their care two foster kids, Dominic (4) and Aidan (2). So our Christmas this year, a holiday that is normally very quiet and somewhat ho-hum, was anything but. With two little guys who are a constant reminder of family and unconditional love.
After a late night dinner at a little diner, my dad, Kreg, Angela, Aidan, Karen and I walked back to our rental house. The sky was crystal clear. Aidan rode on Kreg's shoulders and Dad sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" softly in Karen's ear. And I'm not sure what made it so perfect, but it was.
I've thought about Dominic and Aidan constantly since dropping them off at the airport on New Year's Eve. I worry about the "what if's." What if their parents get it together and Kreg and Angela have to let them go? What if their parents don't really have it together and cause the boys pain again? Will you join me in prayer for these little guys? For Kreg and Angela? For the boys' biological parents? For other kids who are in really sticky situations?
My family has always been so important to me. I'm thankful that my parents were involved in my life as I became an adult and that as such, I consider them my best friends. I hope you had a chance to really enjoy those you love over the holidays and as we all plummet back into our routines, that we remember where we came from, Who we came from, and Who we live for!


1 comments:

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Aw, this is soooo great! I wish I knew you had a blog a looong time ago!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP